Labels

Arts (9) Holidays (2) Just Me (15) My family (6) Poems / Stories (13) Recipe (6) Visits (4)

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Risa's favorite Bed time stories by Daddy

Ted the Giraffe

There was a Giraffe named Ted, he loved eating Apples. One day a thorn got stuck in his neck! Ted cried and sobbed because he could not eat apples any more! A monkey heard him cry, the monkey's name was Bobo. Bobo saw one juicy red apple and plucked it for Ted. This made Ted very happy.

Ted the giraffe said thank you and the monkey took out the thorn.



Ted the Giraffe
(My daddy made up this story when I was one year old.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mamma Duck and Baby Duck

Once upon a time there lived two ducks - Mamma and her baby. Mamma always caught fish for baby. When the baby grew up, Baby Duck's  mamma said-' Now you are grown up my child , you catch fish on your own.' Baby duck said ' But Mamma, I do not know how to!'

One day, Mamma went out of the house for the whole day without leaving any fish for the baby. Baby went to the pond. First there was a fish swimming very fast, baby duck tried to catch it and dipped its head in but could not catch it. Another fish swimming a little slower came crossing by, baby tried to catch it but he could not! The hungry baby duck said ' I will try one last time and if I can't catch it, I will stay hungry untill Mamma comes home.' Baby closed his eyes and tried one last time and he caught it! The hungry Baby duck ate it and said 'I will catch some more fish for when mamma comes home.'

When mamma came home, she was very happy with the baby. She said, ' I told you , you will learn how to catch fish.'  And that was the end of the story.



 

4 comments:

  1. Must have told this bedtime story to Risa a thousand times between age 1 and 3. Nora at 5 still loves to hear the Momma duck story! - Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Risa, actually i could not know how the bobo took out the thorn.I think by laughing it came outI really like both the stories. dadi ma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Risa, who did the illustrations? The illustrations breathe life into the story. The stories are good, but they are made great by the pictures. I wish my kids could make such great pictures. No such luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like yr drawings Risa. Full of colours. You are such an amazing artist. !

    ReplyDelete