Labels

Arts (9) Holidays (2) Just Me (15) My family (6) Poems / Stories (13) Recipe (6) Visits (4)

Sunday 2 September 2012

I love Portraits


These days, as I am at home, I spend a lot of time painting and my favorite color to use in all my paintings of myself is pink! Pink is the color that matches me and my skin:)

This is me and my Nani's (Granny) dog Lara, I made these paintings from a photograph. The pictures were taken in a city called Udaipur that is is a state called Rajasthan.
 
 
This is me in my Imagination!
This is me in my favorite T-Shirt!
 
This is me with my Daddy (whose face you cannot see!) I am three days old in this :) This painting style is called a monochrome - you have to take one color and then use different shades of the same color by mixing white or a little bit of black in it.

These are my parents (who don't look like my parents because I made my Mummy's teeth like a shark's and my Daddy's eyes like a clown! - ha ha ha)


 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Risa,

    I love the portraits. My favorite is the monochrome. You look the same at 3 days old as you did when you were three years old. I also really enjoyed looking at portraits of your mom and dad. Make one of Nora?? I'm sure Nora's picture will be the very best when you make it. I think you should title Nora's picture 'Kantirna Kapoor'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Risa ! I love your portraits. They are full of beautiful colours. Can you please do one for me ? Oscar and Fleur keep on telling that I draw like a potato...
    Lots of love,
    The frog of Nizamuddin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Risa! Wonderful portraits. So colourfull and all very beautifull. I loved them all. Keep it up! Looking for more such amazing portraits from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! but that does look like Rabani and its so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i am going to make nora's face now. Mummy showed me your website. i really liked the hen heads..ha ha

      Delete
  5. Awesome art, Risa. I love them all and my favourite is the one with the 'big sister' t-shirt. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete