Labels

Arts (9) Holidays (2) Just Me (15) My family (6) Poems / Stories (13) Recipe (6) Visits (4)

Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Monster Under My Bed!

(I wrote this story in the summer holidays and illustrated it today)

One night Mimi had a strange feeling. She felt her bed moving. Mimi was scared. She had never seen a moving bed ( or worse felt a moving bed !)



She went inside the cover of her bed and had an idea. She thought it could be her brother dressed up in a monster costume for Halloween. He loved to scare Mimi. But she could hear howling.

She thought  "How could my brother howl like that? " I think I should get down and look under my bed.


But when she got of her bed she felt something slimy. Her feet began to get struck. Now she was shivering with fright. She shouted Help! Help! but who will hear her in the night. She started crying.The monster kept on getting closer and closer to her feet.



In sometime Mimi had another idea. Everyone knows if you add water to slime it melts and luckily next to Mini there was a bottle of water and Mimi also knew that monsters hate light so she switched on her night light and put water on the slime. The slime melted and the monster ran out of the window!

 
So now you know what to do when a monster comes under your bed!
 

8 comments:

  1. Not if the monster is daddy, he doesn't slime away! Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that very useful tip Mimi, you never know when one might need it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Risa I love the drawings of your mimi story. Sumeir behaves like a monster in my room every night. I will turn on the light next time. love AANYA

    ReplyDelete
  4. MIMI, this monster who visited you would be scared to ever visit you and the other children who have read your live experience.

    Very lovely and excellent tips for all of us.

    Neeru Naaaani


    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know what to do when a monster attacks ;)

    Lovely story Risa! love the illustrations, so creative :)

    Lots of love,

    Kriti Mami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Mia....Mimi that is a very novel way of educating all of us.
      All the kids will become brave and you Mimi are their heroine.

      Love you MIMI for all this.

      NANU

      Delete
  6. Risa you are a born writer! And illustrator! Thank you so much for sharing. Now finally I know what to when monsters turn up. (Do you have any advice about dealing with dodgy landlords?) More, more more please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx for the step-by-step instructions Risa, along with the charming illustrations. I'm certainly going to try the water trick the next time I see a monster. Right now I just plug in my earphones and listen to music so that I can't hear the monster breathe or make all those awful noises. But your trick is much better because it can drive all the monsters away forever! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete